About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Sunday 4 March 2012

Easter Pop-Up Wiper Card

Do you ever have a card making idea that keeps you awake at night? Well, the idea for this card has been rolling around in my noggin for a while now and, I actually dreamed about last night. I took that as a sign that I had better make it, so I did! This type of mechanical card is called a 'wiper pop-up' card. When you pull the top to the right and the bottom to the left the little flag pops up.  I decided to put the bunny's carrots on the pop-up flag, but you could really put anything on it, as long as it fits, the space is a little tight. The card front featues a tree which is made from a sheet of real wood! It's a thin sheet of wood that you can cut with scissors, punch or die cut. I chose the cherry color, but it's available in other shades. The web address on the back of the package is http://www.creativeimaginations.us/. The inspiration for the punch art bunny came from one of my fave blogs, http://www.stampingaddicts.blogspot.com/, check it out, your bound to see something you like! I'm going to put a large die cut piece of white cardstock on the back for the writing surface, as this card doesn't open like a traditional card. I thought this would be a cute card to give my nephew, he's quite the little crafter and I know he'll enjoy playing with it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh -- another cute one! Tracy wants me to tell you that she is lobbying for one of these bunny cards at our next card class! LOL
    And here I thought other things were keeping you awake at night! it's actually card ideas! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this card is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete