About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Monday 5 March 2012

First Communion Card

This is a special card for a friend of a friend! Her little girl will be having her First Communion very soon, and I designed this card in her honour. It is a 'Z' fold card made by folding the front of the card back on itself - score first! The cardstock is from Stampin' Up!, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette and the layer right under the ribbon cross is vellum which was embossed with a dot folder, as were the white background pieces. I used Spellbinders Scallop and plain ovals to die cut the large medallion. To make the ribbon cross,  draw cross shape on the back of the white oval, not the vellum, and punch 1/4" holes at the tips with a hand held punch. Thread ribbon through the holes and attach to the back of the oval. Using matching thread tie a knot in the center of the cross to gather the ribbon, then adhere a punched gold heart. The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and is from SU! Le Garden Botinique, but you could always print a nice sentiment using the computer. I added Stickles to the ruffle around the oval, but paper piercing would be pretty too!!  I attached the mediallion to the card with Tombow, but you could use velcro dots, then the recipient would have a removable memento of the special day!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice -- this would even be good for a christening/baptismal card with a blue or pink cross for boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete