About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Friday 20 April 2012

Mini Flowerful 2 Easel Card

This beautiful stamp is called Mini Flowerful 2, by Outlines Rubber Stamps. I happen to own a couple versions of this stamp in a few different sizes, this is the smalll one. I actually designed this card this past fall for a class I did on coloring with odorless solvent. I thought I had already posted it, but after looking through my archive and not finding it, I realized I forgot to add it to my blog. I was tidying up today and found the sample I made and thought it was pretty enough to be changed into a weding-ish card, a theme which has been on my mind of late. I stamped the image twice onto watercolor paper, colored with Prismascolor pencil crayons and blended with a cardboard blending stub and odorless solvent. The butterfly is done the same way, just heavier on the pencil crayon! FYI, it's a butterfly from an old Martha Stewart set I've had forever and use often. The verse is from Stampin' Up! Flight of the Butterfly. Coloring with odorless solvent is one of my fav coloring techniques. It works with inexpensive pencil crayons like Crayolas, and the solvent is available at fine art suppliers and papercrafting stores and is also very inexpensive. The solvent 'velvetizes' the pencil crayon and makes blending a snap. If you haven't tried this technique, I highly recommend it. I have a $10.00 'test it out once' rule. If it's under 10 bucks and I think it's worth trying, I will. I tried this method and really like it and have shown it to many card makers who also think it's pretty cool!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Have a great weekend! I'm going to an all day card making event at our local community center with some friends tomorrow. Too bad we live so far apart!
      Jen

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card and looking forward to tomorrow Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete