About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Monday 30 April 2012

Watercolor Roses

Just a quick post tonight. I've playing with a new coloring technique. I colored these roses with Tombow markers and a blending pen. The stamp is called "Ranunculus" by Stampendous. Rather than color directly with the marker, I colored a swatch of marker on a glass plate, then picked up the ink with a blending pen. I haven't got too many markers in my collection yet, so I added Distress inks to the palette as well.
I tested several card stocks and chose 120lb watercolor paper as it stood up to repeated strokes without pulling and peeling. Definitely use Stazon ink to stamp the image as it is solvent based and won't bleed when the blending pen touches it. Of course everything is better with Stickles!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful card, Jennifer. I saw it on SCS and had to come take another look. I love the soft look of the marker technique. I'll have to give that a try with the 4 markers I have. : ) Happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete