About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Monday 7 January 2013

Happy Birthday Ben!

My nephew has a birthday coming up and I wanted to stay away from the traditional 'guy stuff' as far as design goes for his card. I don't know about you, but I do find it easier to make cards for girls. Boy cards tend to feature themes like sports, fishing, cars, you know 'guy stuff', whereas girls like everything else!
This card is one of those designs that with a few quick changes, like the sign on the front for example, could be made to suit any occassion.
The inside was a bit of a challenge, however. I ran into spacing problems attaching the boy's heads in the aperture. If they hang out too far, they stick out when the card is closed. I think my next attempt I will either make the hole bigger or move the outer fold lines in a bit to make more room.
I am going to play with this card design over the next few days to see what I come up with, I am still not happy with the inside of the card, it's missing something. Hate when that happens! I'll post my next few attempts for you as I make them. Might take me longer than few days, my craft room is a disaster, again! I think I need to have a yard sale, I am such a craft stuff hoarder!! Aren't we all??



3 comments:

  1. Needs some bugs! My daycare boys went through a stage when every bug they saw was a big deal. So I could really see some spiders or creepy crawlers of some sort in the picture to complete it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Bugs it is! Maybe we could do this one as one of the cards on the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer ~

    This must be one of the cutest cards I've seen!! I would love to see a tutorial or even basic instructions for putting it together!! This is FANTASTIC and would be perfect for my grandson!! Thanks for the inspiration and any assistance you can provide!!

    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete