About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Wednesday 20 June 2012

A Stitch in Time

Last month when 'The Friday Night Girls' met for our card night, one of the girls (Hi Nicole!) requested a quilted card design for our next get together. Seeing as it's a bijillion degrees outside, I spent the afternoon in my nice cool craftroom and created this design. Canadians are never happy about the weather - it's either too hot or too cold!!
I am an avid quilter as well as a card maker and this card is made from an actual log cabin quilt pattern.  This style of piecing, whether fabric or paper, is called foundation piecing.  It's a type of quilting where a paper pattern is used as the base to attach pieces to, rather than cutting shapes out and sewing them together. I wasn't sure how the technique would translate to card making, but I really like how it turned out and am going to dig through my foundation piecing patterns to what else I can find!! I used an assortment of stamps to stamp the buttons, tomato, thread and measuring tape, then colored and cut them out, and added a stamped sentiment. See you next Friday girls!!



2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Was wondering how you were getting through this super hot week! Card looks challenging! You OK between 6 - 6:30 for Tracy this Friday evening? Just checkin. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! So funny, I posted a quilt-inspired card on my blog today too. I love how colorful yours is, and how you added the sewing tools on the bottom right. Thanks for sharing. It is lovely.
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete