About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Saturday 4 February 2012

Homemade Rubber Stamp

I really wanted a Tim Holtz Distress background polka dot stamp, but it just wasn't in my budget, so I did the next best thing and made my own! I checked out Youtube.com and found a great video showing how to make your own stamps. The video is called,"Homemade Foam Background Stamps:Part 1" by Luvleescrappin.  I followed her directions and am more than pleased with the results! It took me about 15 mins to make and the total cost was $1.25!!
I punched Fun Foam dots with my Fiskars punch and used a piece of dot paper as a guide which was recommended in the video, and glued the dots to a Dollarstore glass picture frame. This type of frame contains glass that has already had the edges ground smooth, so no sharp edges to worry about. I layered the dots two layers deep to give a nice crisp stamp and used Ranger Glossy Accents as the glue. I tested the stamp and I love it and plan to make many more! Give this a try and definitely watch the video, it's amazing. She makes a beautiful scrapbook page with her stamped image. Let me know how your homemade stamps turn out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment