About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Sweet Treat Cup M &M Card

I was tidying my very messy craftroom this evening and came across this Sweet Treat Cup Card.  I am posting it not because of the outside but because of the inside - not the M & M part!! I made the card front using Stampin' Up!'s 1 3/4" circle punch for the hole required for the Sweet Treat Cup.  I used SU! "Something Sweet" stamp set to create the image and layered the card front with coordinating cardstocks.
After researching the 'mechanism' required for the recipient to retrieve the candy, and not finding an appropriate method, I did what I always do and made my own! Some of the more well known methods involve several layers of cardstock, a ton of Stampin' Dimensional foam dots and a secret sliding 'panel door'.  The recipient is supposed to pull the sliding panel to retrieve the candy, which promptly lands on the floor because the 'secret panel' is on the cardfront not the inside of the card. Tested it and failed miserably!
To make a door that doesn't require copious foam dimensional dots or geomtry, simply attach a scored piece of cardstock over the candy and use a brad to hold the tab shut! The photo is sort of self explanatory, but if clarification is needed just let me know!
Score 1/4" from bottom so door bends when opened

No comments:

Post a Comment