About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Crocheted Cuties

Crochet rocks!! I made these characters from patterns I purchased on http://www.etsy.com/, a site that is really worth a visit! The monkeys are crocheted from a free pattern I found on the internet a few years ago and for the life of me I can't find the source. Sorry to the original pattern designer, I love this pattern! If anyone finds out who it is let me know and I will edit this post to include her name. This type of crochet is done in rounds with a single crochet stitch, which by the way is the only stitch I know how to do! I had a neighbour behind our house, Mrs. Snell, who was my go to person when I got stuck on a pattern. She moved into a retirement home a few months ago and I really miss running through the backyard in my slippers dragging yarn behind me to get her help!
These projects are quick to make which suits my short attention span just fine! I do tend to jump from media to media, but 'fibre art' is where I am most comfortable. Paper, yarn, basket reed, fabric, floss, thread......oh the possibilities are endless! I have to do some house work and grocery shop today which is seriously cramping my crafting time, don't you just hate it when that happens?!

No comments:

Post a Comment