About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Funky Flower Card

I just can't get enough of my new Distress inks, the possibilities are endless! In fact, I just ordered a few more so stay tuned. Our mail carrier is going to think I'm a nut because I run to greet her everytime she comes to our house!
I made this card using Hero Art's Flower text stamp, it' the most huge wood mounted stamp I own. It measures 5 3/4" x 4 1/2", told you is was a giant! I love it because you can use it as a background stamp or feature the art work like I did on this card.
I used Stampin' Up! watercolour crayons to create the background by mixing several shades of blue for the sky and several shades of green for the grass, then used my homemade "shimmer smoochlike spray" to add speckles. The image is stamped in black Stazon, then inked like crazy with Peeled Paint, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Concord Grape Distress inks by Ranger. I felt it was a bit dark, so I used a white gel pen to add some highlights and dots. I can't wait for tomorrow's mail to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment