About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Yep there's a cat in there...

Rainy, snowy, miserable, January day here in the Heart of the Ottawa Valley today! I was lacking inspiration so I did some blog hoppin' and was inspired to create this faux leather handbag with a cat inside. It is a homage to Ellen Kemper, who is probably the best punch art artist in the known world and Ali from alicardmaking.blogspot.com.  As a card maker there is no greater pleasure for me than to see one of my card making ideas used as a jump of point for someone else to create their own piece. So thanks Ali and Ellen for your inspiration, a card is born!
I've been wanting to experiment with faux leather finishes for a while now, this is my first attempt. I embossed the handbag with the Diamond pattern embossing plate from Stampin' Up!, then used Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress inks to create the leather look. The purse top is a large Spellbinder Scallop circle, cut from K & Company, Life's Journey paper.  It started of as a tourquoise floral print, but after embossing a swirl/flourish and inking with Distress inks it looks more like coloured leather than paper in real life. I cut a 1" little perch for the punch art cat (thanks again Ellen!), and added a sentiment I created with viner font on my 'puter'. Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment